This course is suitable for supervisors and managers with risk management skills to manage the transportation, storage, application and record keeping of agricultural chemicals (including biological pesticides).
Participants must be accredited at Level 3 to achieve competence at Level 4 or this course can be undertaken in conjunction with a Chemical User Level 3 Course.
At the completion of this course candidates will understand how to:
- Comply with mandatory codes of practice and relevant legislation to safely transport, store and handle chemicals in the workplace.
- Identify integrated management strategies to control pests.
- Select appropriate chemicals for application to an identified pest problem at a particular site.
- Establish procedures to ensure chemicals are applied according to the label.
- Assess the risk of residues in commodities and as contaminants in the environment during and following chemical application.
- Design and implement recording systems for chemical storage and use.
National Competency Code
AHCCHM404 – Develop procedures to minimise risks in the use of chemicals
AHCCHM405 – Plan and implement a chemical use program.
A maximum of 10 students per class
Competency is assessed by a theory examination and practical assessment
At the completion of the course students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and pocket sized laminated ticket that details the competencies they have been awarded with.
Under legislation students should be reassessed for competency every five years. At the end of five years students will be required to attend a one day reassessment
The cost for the 2-day course is $680 including SmartTrain accreditation and materials.
GST is not levied on Nationally Accredited training
A copy of the student book can be found on our website or by following the link below: