This course is designed for personnel who use or may need to use hazardous substances. In addition the course will cover to safely handle, store and transport Dangerous Goods. This 6 Hour course provides students with the knowledge and skillsunderstand their responsibilities and how to safely manage their exposure. The course details:
- What Are hazardous substances and dangerous goods and how do they differ
- Understand labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Understand the Globally Harmonized System for Hazardous Substances
- Understand the Dangerous Goods Legislation and how it applies to workers in Australia
- Understand employers and employees responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011
- Safe Storage and Handling of Hazardous Substances and Dangerous Goods
- Appropriate PPE and first aid
- Spill Management
National Competency Code
TLID0021: Store and handle dangerous goods and hazardous substances.
A maximum of 6 students face to face
For online training students will need access to a computer
Competency is assessed by a theory examination and practical assessment
At the completion of the course, students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and pocket-sized laminated ticket that details the competencies they have been awarded.
It is proposed by the industry that the course be completed by all operators and that competency be reassessed every three years. This reassessment will be a half day online assessment. This training is necessary for maintaining an employers obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act.
The cost for the 6 hour course is $260 per person.
GST is not levied on Nationally Accredited training
Note: Funding is available for ACT Based candidates that qualify under the funding requirements of the ACT Training Fund Authority. Further details are available here:
Where courses are delivered outside of the ACT region travel and accommodation costs will be levied.
Keir Ramsey 0432 553 642
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.lemketimbertraining.com.au
Location of Course
Canberra, ACT or on request we can travel to your location.